- Unique design that looks great in any home.
- Easy to set up and maintain.
- Can stack one on top of the other, to make it look like a hotel.
- Sold without accessories (heater, etc).
- Fairly small so it can only handle 1-2 fish.
- Water temperature will fluctuate if additional heater is not purchased.
The thing I love the most about owning betta fish is the great selection of custom betta fish tanks that you can get nowadays. No matter what your personal style is, you will find something that suits you. Have a look at the one above for example. It’s the Umbra Fish Hotel Aquarium Bowl. I’m a huge fan of this one because of its “mini-condo” look.
One of the main features I like the most is that you can buy more than one and stack them, making it look like a mini-hotel versus just a condo. That and the inner bowl can be easily removed and cleaned. The downside with this aquarium is that it is extremely small so you can only fit 1-2 fish. Really, only one comfortably since a second one would make it quite cramped.
Umbra Fish Hotel Product Demonstration
The designer’s name is Teddy Luong and he’s a student from of the Carleton University’s School of Industrial Design in Ottawa. Teddy Luong is the winner of the Canadian Build a Better Competition for his reinvented aquarium, which is modeled after a contemporary condo.
Fantastic work Teddy!
Cheers, and remember, the best betta tank is a clean betta tank!