This 5 gallon acrylic fish tank comes with a seamless curved front, black base frame, clear cover, Tetra whisper internal filter that has a medium bio bag as well as bright white led lighting. These are just some of the features that comes with this Tetra aquarium. But does it make a great betta fish tank? Continue to read to find out!
Let’s start with the features that we love about this tank:
- Mechanical filter – The Crescent Acrylic 5 gallon Tetra Aquarium comes with an excellent mechanical filter that is fantastic in removing all the the nasty particles from the aquarium. With this filter, your fish will enjoy clean water, free from uneaten food, sludge, excrement and dust. The filter does a great job in removing all of it. To prevent build up, you can clean the filter very easily. Another important thing to note about the filter is that you can reposition the filter using a switch on the back of the filter to adjust the flow. In our opinion, this is a must have if you have betta fish because some are more “temperamental” than others and don’t necessarily like a faster flow.
- LED lighting – This aquarium comes with excellent LED lighting which is very easy to install. Just make sure you don’t twist the screws too tight when installing it, to avoid cracking/damaging the aquarium.
- Ultra activated carbon – Not all aquariums are great at containing/removing odors, however this aquarium uses ultra activated carbon, which does a great job in the removal of discoloration and odor.
- It’s size – This Tetra aquarium gives you ample space for your betta fish to swim around in and be comfortable. In our opinion, bigger is always better. With this aquarium, your fish will have more water to enjoy. The added bonus of holding more water (than a 2 or 3 gallon tank) is that it does a better job at diluting chemicals or other substances that may pollute the aquarium, which can cause your fish to be sick. To support its size, the Tetra Crescent Acrylic Fish Tank comes with a sturdy base that keeps it firmly in place.
There are only a few things that we would recommend that Tetra change to make it an even better betta aquarium:
- Cover – The cover is a bit flimsy, and has a small opening at the top. A betta would have to make a perfectly timed and precise jump to make it through, but nonetheless, the risk is there. Tetra could improve this tank by making the opening a bit smaller (or replace it with one that you can open and close) or making the cover a bit more sturdy.
- Material – Acrylic tanks aren’t bad necessarily, however we found that the shell of the tank was a little bit thin and Tetra could have made the shell a little bit thicker. We can’t say that we’ve had any problems because of that, however it’s something we wanted to mention.
- No heater – A heater is not provided with this kit. In case you weren’t aware, bettas love warmer water. Around 76-82 degrees Fahrenheit. The only way to keep a consistent temperature is to have a heater. (This tank has enough room for a small 25W heater which you can buy separately. Click HERE for an example.)
Tetra Crescent Acrylic Fish Tank Product Demonstration
Have a look at the following video to get an idea on what it looks like in action:
Talking about the design of this acrylic fish tank, we can simply say it is amazing. If you are looking for the most affordable 5 gallon aquarium, this is one of the best choices by far. Compared to other competitors, the Tetra Crescent Acrylic Aquarium 5 gallon costs around 50$ dollars, while other competitor aquariums offering the same features cost over a 100$. You definitely get more bang for your buck with this one.