Freshwater and saltwater fishkeeping are challenging and tremendously rewarding hobbies. Aquariums covers every requirement a fishkeeper needs to know and meet — all presented in a comprehensive and reader-friendly format. Hundreds of color diagrams illustrate step-by-step technical instructions and hundreds more color photographs show fish in natural and aquarium habitats.
This book addresses:
- Choosing the right equipment
- Preparing the water and setting up the aquarium
- Achieving a balanced aquarium with the right mix of fish and appropriate plants
- Differences in saltwater and freshwater requirements
- Types of fish and their families in a freshwater fish directory and a saltwater fish directory
- Selecting plants for the aquarium
- Fish reproduction
- How to prepare decorative objects for the aquarium.
Packed with practical advice and useful tips, Aquariums shows how to create a fish tank of stunning beauty.