- Collected from the mineral-rich foothills of Mount Aso Volcano in Japan, Fluval Stratum makes an ideal alternative substrate for planted aquariums and those featuring shrimp.
- Encourages strong plant growth – roots easily penetrate and spread throughout substrate to obtain key nutrients.
- Porous structure allows for rapid colonization of beneficial nitrifying bacteria.
- Helps support neutral to slightly acidic pH – ideal for most plants, tropical fish and shrimp normally kept in planted aquariums.
- Provides newborn shrimp with a refuge from predators until they are large enough to emerge.
- Will not discolor water and helps control organic discoloration when natural driftwood is present.